A place for Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phoenix persona prequel

Go down

Phoenix persona prequel Empty Phoenix persona prequel

Post by ThievingArtistic Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:10 pm

Phoenix Persona prequel thing

Nobody took his leaving as well as they all pretended to. That much was obvious. Spending a year getting to know and learning to trust someone only to have them have to leave would have been bad enough as it was, but to have someone who fought with, stood by and looked certain death in the face together with Have to leave was even worse.

But there shouldn’t have been any reason to truly fear for him right? The bad guys were all defeated, the Killer was brought to justice, the Fog had lifted, everything was alright…. Right? For some reason even as you stood under the unblocked sun waving goodbye, you felt uneasy. You couldn’t pinpoint why exactly, but something made you want to jump on that train, grab your Partner, Jump back off and beg him not to leave.
But you couldn’t, and as you waved goodbye to him, you felt your stomach sink in that ocean of uneasiness.

Naturally the two of you kept in touch, he texted all of you and emailed as much as he could. After a year of each and every one of you pouring your hearts out to him, there was finally time to learn about what the boy behind Izanagi was like when there WEREN’T life threatening situations or murder cases to think about.
Those first few months helped you forget your uneasiness. He told you about everything, through texts, emails and the occasional long distance phone call. You heard about his family, his sisters, his life all the way in America, what he did day to day, everything. It was great, you were at ease again.
But, ever so slowly, you began to get less and less messages, with more and more vauge content. you rationalized at first of course, he was busy, he was doing things with family, he probably had to go to school, heck just time differences. You squashed down the uneasiness everytime it reared its head with such excuses, youd distract yourself by going out with the others, playing with Nanako-chan, anything.
Until something happened that you couldn’t ignore.

You’d forgotten your phone at home that day, and when you came back to find the blinking message light, your first instinct was excitement, had he texted you? You found a voice mail, and kicked yourself for forgetting your phone, actual calls with him were rare occurences, and you’d NEVER missed one before. You were going to listen to the message and call him back right away, fuck the charges.
But the message wasn’t anything like you were expecting.

Your ever steady partner’s voice was shaking, like youd never heard it, he sounded like he was holding back tears.

“Yosuke… I’m Sorry to call at this hour but… things have gone crazy for me and… I don’t think ill be able to contact you again for… a long time possibly ever. Please… don’t worry, its nothing personal but… it would just be much easier for everyone if I cut contact.” He took a long pause, with a shuddering breath, “Tell everyone I’m sorry, and please, look after Nanako for me… I… I’m sorry Partner, Goodbye.”

The dial tone ringing in your ear was erriely similar to a flatlined heart monitor. Your attempts to call him back or text him proved futile, and when you went to check his online contacts you found them deleted or abandoned.

And yet somehow none of that prepared you for the news Rise, in tears, told you she’d heard from international contacts the next day.

Sato Izumi had vanished from his boarding school in the northwestern united states several nights ago. No one had any idea where he’d gone and the police had no leads. It was as if he had simply evaporated from the face of the earth.

Your best friend, your Partner… was gone.

ThievingArtistic
Admin

https://allforfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down