A place for Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Characters/ important junk

2 posters

Go down

Characters/ important junk Empty Characters/ important junk

Post by ThievingArtistic Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:30 am

this spot will act as a refrence sheet for basic infor on original characters and such in various roleplays. ill start shortly

ThievingArtistic
Admin

https://allforfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Characters/ important junk Empty Pheonix Children homestuck info

Post by ThievingArtistic Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:50 am

this is stuff for a crossover betewwne mine and Julia's original story "Pheonix Children" and the madenning masterpeice known as homestuck.

Homestuck Esenssials

Titles

Kaitou: Sylph of Life
Ash: Maid of Heart
Alu: Rouge of Time
Sato: Prince of Mind
Z: Mage of Space
Dean: Knight of Breath
Darren: Page of Blood
Jem: Seer of Hope
Lala: Witch of Doom
Daisya: Heir of Rage
Evan: Thief of Void
Coriander: Bard of Light

Strife Specibus

Kaitou: KnifeKind
Ash: BladeKind
Alu: HammerKind
Sato: BladeKind
Z: StaffKind/BookKind
Dean: BowKind
Darren: BatKind
Jem: GuitarKind
Lala: BunnyKind
Daisya: SpearKind
Evan: FistKind/PistolKind
Coriander: No Specibus/ Psycic Powers

Chum Handles

Kaitou: princessPhoenix (PP)
Alu: wildcatThunder (WT)
Ash: ashenAngel (AA)
Sato: icebornTechhead (IT)
Dean: ventusGamemaster (VG)
Z: finalIllusion (FI)
Lala: wonderlandWanderer (WW)
Darren: carmineAlchemist (CA)
Jem: silentSeranade (SS)
Evan: bluenightHeartthief (BH)
Coriander: sunsetWeaver (SW)
Daisya: summerAcendant (SA)

Dreamselves

Derse

Evan
Ember(Ash's Alt personality)
Lala
Alu
Sato
Daisya

Prospit

Kaitou
Coriander
Darren
Jem
Z
Ash
Dean

Planets/Lands

Kaitou: Land of Blossoms and Eggs (LOBAE)
Alu: Land of Storm and Sand (Losas)
Ash: Land of Mirrors and Decay (Lomad)
Sato: Land of Trains and Snow (Lotas)
Darren: Land of Rings and Magnets (Loram)
Jem: Land of harmony and Stone (Lohas)
Dean: Land of Cliffs and Bells (Locab)
Z: Land of Echo and Frogs (Loeaf)
Lala: Land of Mazes and String (Lomas)
Daisya: Land of Smoke and Quakes (Losaq)
Evan: Land of Shadow and Locks (Losal)
Coriander: Land of Gold and Crystal (Logac)

EctoBiology Family Tree

The way I picture this, as i previously explained, is three machines/sets of tubes with four "Parent" tubes each.

Set 1

Parents

Mom Izumi
Dad Izumi
Obaa-san (Grandma) Izumi
Gramps (no last name yet, but he's the one looking after Alu in Venice)

Offspring
Kaitou
Sato
Alu
Ash

Set 2

Parents

Sienna/Sis (Darren's guardian)
Lala's Dad
Z's Guardian
Daisya's Guardian (I had a cool idea for him btw, text or call me for discussion)

Offspring

Lala
Darren
Z
Daisya

Set3

Parents

Evan and Coriander's Guardians
Dean's Mom
Jem's Aunt

Offspring
Evan
Coriander
Jem
Dean

If we want to add any awkward "I May be Partially related to you" Drama then we can just habve Kaitou be a space cadet and not take stock of who's gene slime is going where.

any other complaints may be texted

Last edited by ThievingArtistic on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

ThievingArtistic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Characters/ important junk Empty Explanation for Names of Lands

Post by The Rogue of Blood Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:36 am

Hey there! Just thought I'd pop in and give an explanation for the Lands.

Within the Sburb Lands, I noticed a pattern in their naming. The names seemed to be made of the player's Aspect and something associated with the their theme or whatever it is their Denizen cursed the planet with. For example, Rose is a Hero of Light and her associated element is water. The name of her land includes Light and Rain. John is a Hero of Breath but his associated element is air. Since they're basically the same thing, the second part of his land's name has to do with his planet's curse (the constant clouds that create "shade").
So that's the way I decided to create the names. Luckily for me, the Phoenix children also have associated elements. Further explanations will be given (I feel like Aranea). I really loved coming up with these, although they were ultra frustrating to figure out.

The Land of Blossoms and Eggs

This is Kaitou's planet and it was actually pretty hard. She's like John in that her Aspect and element are the same. I brainstormed a bunch of stuff and didn't like any of it. Then I thought of an egg. What's a better symbol of Life than an egg? It also went along nicely with her phoenix association.
So I imagine Lobae as a high desert sort of land with plenty of canyons and cacti. Naturally, the "blossoms" will be on the cacti, which will mostly be pretty big. Although they won't be the lands consorts, the "eggs" will belong to phoenixes(?) living on the planet. Update: Think "Grand Canyon" when you imagine this one. Also, I think the cacti should bear fruit. Update2: Possible iguana consorts. Update3: Consorts will be fuchsia iguanas with jade eyes. They shall say "thip". Update4: Lobae's denizen is Hemera, which is also the name of Kaitou's web browser. More details later.

The Land of Storm and Sand

Alu's planet. Another tough one. The first part was super easy (lightning = storm). It was the Time aspect that troubled me. "Clockwork" was taken, "watch", "sundial", and "hourglass" didn't sound right, and I couldn't think of anything else Time related. Then I started dissecting those objects and came up with "sand".
I imagine Losas to be a world full of hourglasses. Some would be whole while others would be broken with sand spilling out. The biggest of them would be the size of buildings and the smallest the size of chess pieces. Some hourglasses could even twist and bend in ways that make you wonder "how in hell is that sand falling up?". The sky would be full of angry storm clouds. Occasionally a lightning bolt would hit the ground and up would spring an hourglass (because sand becomes glass when struck by lightning. This is an actual thing). I also imagine some hourglasses would be floating in the sky. Update: Possible monitor lizard consorts. Update2: Consorts will be burgundy monitor lizards with olive eyes. They shall say "nom". Update3: Losas' denizen is Hephaestus, which is also the name of Alu's web browser. More details later.

The Land of Mirrors and Decay

Ash's planet was actually one of the easy ones and came to me pretty quickly. The "mirrors" part of the name ties in with her Heart aspect (being about "self") and her duel personality. "Decay" fits her element of Death (which is definitely an element).
For Lomad, I imagine a swap like area to go with the theme of "decay". The sky of this world would be pretty dark I think. It would be full of mirrors which would primarily be embedded in trees with a few standing on their own. I was thinking the mirrors would show Ember instead of Ash in their reflections. Update: For the mythos involving them, I might either say they show the true you or that they show the way you see yourself. Update2: Possible salamander consorts. Update3: Consorts will be olive salamanders with burgundy eyes. They shall say "glub". Update4: Lomad's denizen is Leviathan, which is also the name of Ash's web browser. More details later.

The Land of Trains and Snow

Sato's planet. Another easy one. The "snow" is for his element of water and his seemingly icy demeanor. The Mind part was a little harder. I started thinking about thinking, which lead to inception, which made me think of dreams, which lead to flying, which made me reflect on my really crummy train of thought. Train of thought. Hmm. So that's how that happened.
I don't have much for Lotas yet. I do think that there should be trains there and that they should get lost a lot, but that's about it for now. Update: Maybe there should be a constant blizzard. Update2: Lotas' denizen is Yaldabaoth, which is also the name of Sato's web browser. Update3: Consorts will be teal turtles with violet eyes. They shall say "snap". More details later.

The Land of Rings and Magnets

Darren's was one of the hardest ones. The Blood aspect is a hard one to define or give symbolism to. His element of "order" wasn't simple either. In the end, I came up with "rings" and "magnets" and they kinda both work for his Aspect and element. A perfect circle is a good symbol for order as well as the bonds between people (which is what Blood is all about). Magnets are orderly and predictable and can be compared to the "magnetism" between two people.
I only have one idea for Loram right now. I imagine there would be a lot of magnetic stones and some should be floating in the air like platforms. Just for fun. I also kind of see a dark pinkish sky for some reason. Update: Possible horned lizard consorts. Update2: Consorts will be red horned lizards with orange eyes. They shall say "nar". Update3: Loram's denizen is Behemoth, which is also the name of Darren's web browser. More details later.

The Land of Harmony and Stone

Ah, sweet Jem. His land was another easy one. With the element of earth, "stone" was a simple conclusion. Hope was a little trickier. I couldn't really think of anything, so I started to think of Jem himself. I thought about his qualities and remembered that he liked and was good at playing music. From there, it didn't take long to come up with "harmony".
Right now, all I can imagine for Lohas is a land that is bright and colorful, with lots of green grass. There should also be large and small stones littered about and they should be fairly rounded. For some reason, the sky is kinda yellow in my imagination. Update: Consorts will be violet tuataras with teal eyes. They shall say "pip". Update2: Lohas' denizen is Abraxas, which is also the name of Jem's web browser. More details later.

The Land of Cliffs and Bells

I had a similar problem with Dean's planet as I did with Kaitou's, but it solved itself with much less frustration. Dean's element (air) and Aspect (Breath) are basically the same (like John's). The "cliffs" were fairly easy. In Phoenix Children, I always imagined his mother's home planet being very cliff-y. The second part of the name was my problem. I couldn't think of anything well suited for "air". It hit me when I was letting the dog out to pee the other morning. The wind was blowing pretty hard and it made our wind chimes and bells make beautiful tinkling noises. I put two and two together and chose "bells" (I didn't like the way "chimes" sounded in the name).
Drawing a blank for the imagery of Locab. Cliffs are a given, but everything else is up in the air (haha, get it?). Update: The sky should probably be regular blue and white clouds. Update2: Locab's denizen is Typheus, which is also the name of Dean's web browser. Update3: Consorts will be orange snakes with indigo eyes. They shall say "sist". More details later.

The Land of Shadow and Locks

Evan's planet was fairly easy. For his element of darkness I chose "shadow", because it sounded awesome. Void was a little harder. I had to think about what Void meant. It usually has to do with nothingness, secrets, and the actual Void beyond the Veil. I chose "secrets" and decided to use "locks" for its place in the name. Locks can be used to hide things and keep them secret. I also thought they went well with his thief persona.
For Losal I was thinking a dark and fairly industrial planet. I imagine there would be citys with lots of towers, skyscrapers, bridges, etc. In my mind the architecture gives the impression of a gothic cathedral crossed with a prison. Update: Consorts will be indigo crocodiles with cerulean eyes. They shall say "nak". Update2: Losal's denizen is Nyx, which is also the name of Evan's web browser. More details later.

The Land of Gold and Crystal

Coriander's planet was a little difficult. This is another case where the Aspect and element are the same. I actually came up with "crystal" pretty easy. I just thought of his artifact. Thinking of something similar to or associated with Light, however, was another thing. I don't remember how I came up with "gold", but I think it sounds pretty.
I don't have to much for Logac. It should be sunny and maybe have a golden haze on the horizon. There will be crystals which could create rainbows when the light shines through them. Maybe the rainbows could form bridges. Update: I had a sudden thought for this planet. I'm picturing a land of circular pools (natural pools, of course). They'd range in size, but they'd generally be fairly small. I think of them as being quite clear and sparkly. They'd be shallow in appearance, but would really be miles in depth. I might possibly have them all connected by underwater caverns. Update2: Possible turtle consorts. Update3: Consorts will be cerulean axolotls with purple eyes. They shall say "chu". Update4: Logac's denizen is Cetus, which is also the name of Cori's web browser. More details later.

The Land of Smoke and Quakes

Daisya's planet was also pretty easy. With his element of fire, "smoke" came to me almost instantly. Finding something for Rage was a little harder, but not much. I guess with "quakes" I was thinking of someone throwing a major tantrum and pounding the ground, making the earth shake.
For Losaq, I was thinking of a planet with a shifting crust that would cause frequent earthquakes. The "smoke" part could be from volcanic activity, but I think I want to save that for Z's world. The weather should be hot and balmy, but that's all I got so far. Update: Maybe the sky should be a shade of dark purple? Update2: Losaq's denizen is Lilith, which is also the name of Daisya's web browser. Update3: Consorts will be purple thorny devils with yellow eyes. They shall say "bik". More details later.

The Land of Echo and Frogs

This was a hard one (darn you, Z! *shakes fist at the sky*). All Space players need "frogs" in their land's name, so that part was predetermined. Z's illusion element was really frustrating. There just aren't a lot of things that are symbolic/associated with illusions that have not already been used. I don't remember how I got to "echo". I guess I was probably thinking of things that can trick you. An echo can sound like all sorts of things and it's hard to figure out where it's coming from.
I was thinking Loeaf would be a tropical place. I was imagining it being mostly water with some islands, one of which being the oh so important Forge. There would be gigantic trees coming out from the water and they'd make a sort of sea-surface forest. When I say "gigantic trees" I really mean "GIGANTIC TREES". These a probably where the consorts would live. Naturally, there would be frogs everywhere. Not sure how the "echo" part should come in. Maybe that could be part of the curse? Horrible, pain-filled echos that ring through the trees every so often? Update: Possible frilled lizard consorts. Update2: Consorts will be jade frilled lizards with yellow eyes. They shall say "meep". Update3: Loeaf's denizen is Echidna, which is also the name of Z's web browser. More details later.

The Land of Mazes and String

Lala's land was fun and fairly easy. The two parts of its name can be linked to both her Aspect and her element. The aspect of Doom has to do with law and fate. Going from the "fate" angle, I thought "string" would be appropriate. Like the Red String of Fate or the Fates from Greek mythology that controlled fate by cutting strings. It also works nicely with her element chaos (we all know how messy and "chaotic" a bunch of string can be). The "mazes" represent the complicated state.
The picture of Lomas came pretty easy to me. The plane's entire surface is covered in a ten foot tall hedge maze (I may change the height). There are a few circular non-maze spots dotting planet. These serve as rest stops and have trees, park benches, and a gazebo in the center. There are strings everywhere and of all different colors. Some are on the ground, while others are tied around, over, and through the maze walls. The non-maze spots are also plagued by messy strings. The sky is a normal looking blue sky with white clouds. The place should have a "Wonderland" feel to it. Update: Consorts will be yellow chameleons with fuchsia eyes. They shall say "wok". Update2: Lomas' denizen is Hekate, which is also the name of Lala's web browser. More details later.

Last edited by The Rogue of Blood on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:13 pm; edited 20 times in total (Reason for editing : Finished for now. Will be updated.)
The Rogue of Blood
The Rogue of Blood

Back to top Go down

Characters/ important junk Empty Floor house layouts and junk

Post by ThievingArtistic Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:24 am

just thougth i should put some notes about the layout of Kaitou's dorm that i have in my head here

I basically kinda picture her dorm pretty much like the kids wing/area of my house. youve got kaitou's bedroom and bathroom, and also a living/common area that has the doors to outside and a small kitchenette. possibly also some other, unused bedrooms, since the dorms are usually meant for multiple students, but ya know, kaitou has DUBIOUS CONNECTIONS so she gets one all to herself.

also debating a small patio area off the living/kitchen area.

PM me any thoughts

ThievingArtistic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Characters/ important junk Empty Planet Curses

Post by ThievingArtistic Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:15 am

LOBAE/Kaitou

The underlings have been stealing the eggs of the sacred Phoenixes that inhabit the land, bringing them to Hermera for her to devour, they leave behind the shattered shells, enraging the Phoenixes and causing them to attack consort villages as well as the fruit bearing blossoms of the cacti in the land, which are crucial for all the inhabitants continued living.

LOSAS/Alu

The great hourglasses that dot the land, many of the larger ones used by the consorts to power thier villages, have begun to be shattered, and then, even more worrying, the glass and sand dissapear, carried off by imps to Hephastus for nefarious purposes.

LOEAF/ Z

Horrible, unearthly echoes come at regular intervals from the inerconnected tree caverns that run across and througout the planet, and the frogs refuse to surface because of them. the screams are caused by parasites that have infected the great world tree's roots, light the forge to flush lava through the tunnels and burn them good and dead and the frogs will come out.

LOCAB/ Dean

Dean arrives on his planet to find numerous gunk covered bells of all shapes and sizes hanging from the trees. the bells are sacred to his consorts (ive been thinking the wind only blows when they ring, you know, moving the clouds and powering windmills and stuff) no matter how many times the consorts try to clean them they are inevitably gunked up with choking black sludge yet again.

LOTAS/ Sato

the blizzards on the planet have been becoming more violent lately, and the trains which act as the primary form of transportation have been getting lost and even vanishing. ( Despite this, the trains are still the most reliable form of transportation across the snowfields, because if you let your mind wander while traveling on foot, youll get stuck in a whiteout blizzard and then who knows where youll end up?!)

LOMAS/ Lala

The messy tangles of string covering the planet are not as random as they seem, infact the strings were once orderly and beautifully arranged (perhaps even having special protective properties?) the messy strings cause confusion, block pathways and generally maken things unpleasent for all involved

LOQAS/ Daisya

The quakes that are a day to day occurance on the planet have been escalating in intensity and collateral damage, lava from the numeroud volcanos is being diverted to places it shouldnt and it seems the planets crust seems to have been shifting.

LOGAC/ Coriander

Cetus has run amuck though the planets unerground water tunnels, devastating trade routes by causing cave ins and devouring most of the fish that is a staple of the consorts economy and diet.

LOSAL/ Evan

the numerous complex locks and locking mechanisms around the planet have been behaving strangly, places that were normally always accessable have been locked randomly, and places long ago locked as off limits have begun to unlock, setting free unpleasent waves of underlings and blocking crucial pathways.

LORAM/ Darren

The Rings of large, Magnetic stones that orbit the planet and keep everything running smoothly have become unbalanced, and are beggining to shift and even fall, this results in the planets natural magnetism being unbalanced, and the magnetic stones that serve to connect and act as paths to several places on the planet to behave in strange and unpredictable ways.

LOHAS/Jem

Across Lohas, many great stone instruments stand, and under normal circumstances when the wind blows though this monlithic band a soft, mystic symphony is played, this song makes the rivers flow and land peaceful and prosperus, but the song plays no more. the underlings have damaged or vandilized the great instuments, and no the land is silent, the rivers drying, the land withering.

LOMAD/ Ash

No one in Lomad knows where the strange mirrors that have been popping up came from, but its clear that they are dangerous, everyone who has gotten near one has had thier reflection jump out at then, and are soon found as a dead, rapidly decaying corpse. this has rendered travel near impossible for the terrified, shot attention spanned consorts

to be continued....

ThievingArtistic
Admin

Back to top Go down

Characters/ important junk Empty Re: Characters/ important junk

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum